Thursday, April 4, 2013

"And Suddenly"

(Catch up by reading the back story)

Suddenly, everything changed for me. Through a God-ordained series of events, I was able to reduce my hours at my company and take a temporary, part-time role with one of my freelance clients. That was exciting enough, I thought. But, when I was told in no uncertain terms that I was going to have to go back to the front desk come May or find a new job, my freelance client told me he wanted to hire me permanently (part-time for now, with the intention of full time down the road). And, if that wasn't fabulous enough, my church also told me they wanted to hire me (also part-time now with the possibility of full time later).

So, as of next week, I will be the Director of Communication and Administration for an amazing organization called Peace Catalyst International (PCI) as well as the Circles and Connect Administrator for my amazing church, the Mile High Vineyard (MHV). Each of these organizations holds key aspects of my heart, and I can't explain how truly honored, blessed and privileged I feel to get to play such a vital role at each.

You should check out each website for more info on the organizations themselves...but, basically I'm using my skills in public relations, communication, marketing and administration to help PCI stimulate peacebuilding between individuals and peoples. I get to help "promote multi-dimensional reconciliation (with God, people, and creation) [in a world rife with conflict]." Then, at MHV, I get to use my skills of administration, leadership, pastoring, planning and implementation to oversee the main community-building engines of our church - helping ensure all new guests feel welcomed, known and connected as well as helping ensure everyone in our church has access to a small group of people with whom to connect, live life, grow and learn. What?? How in the world did I get so blessed???

And, here's where it comes full circle - I can look back at the last 7.5 years and realize that every single second at that company was worth it. The good and the bad. The highs and the lows. I had space to heal, grow, learn and risk. And, I observed how (and how not to) lead others, grow an organization, care for people, accomplish tasks, navigate difficult circumstances (both internal and external), monitor and measure growth, and fulfill mission.

With each passing day of my life, I am more and more overwhelmed at just how phenomenal an Orchestrator the Lord is. He weaves seemingly mundane and disparate circumstances together into the most marvelous of tapestries - for each of us. He is so so kind, and I'm just so so thankful.


1 comment:

Amy said...

nice!! excited for you! and miss you :)